Old August 18th 03, 07:40 AM
gerblefranklin

Default idling and wheel sizes

I agree with John that there isn't such thing as a trick on a unicycle.
I think skills should be seperated into potentially useful skills and
cool skills. For example, a cool skill would be to wheelwalk with one's
hands, it ain't useful but it's cool. A potentially useful skill is
gliding, although it's also cool. I also think wheelwalking and
onefooted wheelwalking are potentially useful because they lead to
gliding, and they teach you to balance only with your hands instead of
your hips.
I also disagree that one should follow the skill levels to
learn new skills. For example, I can wheelwalk onefooted a figure eight
(a level 9 or 10 skill) but I sure as heck can't sideride or hand
wheelwalk. I also was very capable of chestriding long before I could
ride seat out in front. I've learned almost all of my skills by
usefulness. I only got into wheelwalking to learn to glide, and one foot
wheelwalking was just part of the bill. Unless you want to compete in
UNICON, the skill levels need only be a source of ideas and inspiration.
And as always the true goal is to have fun.

Pride in something hard earned is not a sin-It's an entitlement.

--
gerblefranklin