Old July 11th 03, 06:16 PM
Dan Birchall

Default Atkins diet and riding

(GABIKE) wrote:
I've been on the diet for 6 weeks now and am still loosing weight,
the only problem is while I can still ride 25-40 miles, my average
speed has dropped 2mph. I feel thats a fair trade.

Uh... if you've lost weight, but your average speed has _dropped_,
aren't you a little worried that either 1) you've lost muscle mass,
or 2) your body isn't getting enough of _something_ it needs for
metabolism to keep you going faster?

Most people buy things for their bike because they weigh 2 grams
lighter, [Imagine] shedding 30 pounds!

I'm working on shedding 40 - and I plan on my average speed going
more than 2 mph the other direction.

-Dan (not on any named diet)

--
If you spam this address, you (obviously) agree to pay me $100/spam.