Old August 7th 03, 11:17 PM

Default Bike-shorts benefit without the bike shorts?

On 7 Aug 2003 14:02:30 GMT, Wayne Menzie wrote:

"Preston Crawford" wrote
in :=20

I'm considering getting bike shorts. I'm starting to ride longer
rides again and I think I'd like the padding.

Don't think padding, think moisture absorption. If you need padding=20
to be comfortable, you have the wrong saddle. Moisture absorption=20
will help eliminate chafing and your saddle should provide the=20
comfort. With that being said, the underwear-type liners I've seen=20
/may/ do a good job for you, if the chamois is halfway decent. =20
Something like=20
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...2943&Store=3D=

ike might do the trick.

I absolutely agree that padding is not needed but that may not be true =
for
everyone. I like an chamois type crotch (no padding) in stretchy trim-
fitting but not tight shorts. These don't seem to be made anymore but =
one
can make them starting with Sportif hiking shorts and a saddle shaped =
piece
of ultra-suede. The Sportif shorts have only 4% spandex and twice that
would be nicer. Anybody know of anything like that?

=20