Old August 26th 03, 06:29 PM
dustin

Default damage caused on unicycles

Two years ago I was part of a show at the Peruvian Naval Academy for
their officers and cadets. This is Peru's equivalent of Annapolis.
They had a very nice auditorium and stage set-up. Before the
performance I was warming up and experimenting with the stairs and
platform level to see what I could incorporate into my set. The stage
has about a 3-4 foot drop to the hardwood floor that covers the
orchestra pit.

I've dropped to many a wooden floor before and never thought twice about
it. This time I should have. Thankfully I did a rolling drop and
rolled out of my landing. When I landed there was a loud crack rather
than the usually dull thud as the floor splintered and cracked. This
left a nice hole where you could see into the darkness and void of the
orchestra pit. Had I not rolled the landing I may have gone through the
floor completely. I was quite embarrassed and was afraid I was going to
find out how the Peruvian Military punished its ranks.

In the lower left of the pic you can see the spot where I jumped off the
stage. Unfortunately this doesn't show the floor. This is the only
pic I have from that performance.

| Attachment filename: peru naval academy.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/158789|

dustin - on and off the road again

dustin kelm
www.dustinkelm.com isa40:30.31

"You are only limited by your imagination."
dustin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/920