Old August 31st 03, 02:21 AM
U-Turn

Default wobble/cranks/coker

I think the most important factor affecting wobble is technique. I
usually use 170s on the Coker to provide spinning practice for the MUni.
I don't think I wobble any more than I would with shorter cranks, but I
do ride slower than I would with shorter cranks.

At NAUCC the fastest riders on any size were riding straighter than the
others as far as I could see.

On the Norway tour, all Cokers, the standard crank length under all
conditions was 125mm AFAIK. This comes with skill and a brake is good
for steep downhills. The standard shipping length of 150mm seems like
a good starting point, though.

Another dimension that people tend to think affects wobble is Q; but
judging from David Stone's, Nathan Hoover's, and other riders'
experiences with The Strongest Coker I don't think that's true, at least
to the degree popularly held. Again, my opinion is that the major
factor is technique.

One-foot riding is a major helper in spinning smoothly and reducing
wasted pedalling motion.

That's my 2 cents, anyway.

--
U-Turn - Mounting a Revolution

Weep in the dojo... laugh in the battlefield.

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton