Old September 1st 03, 03:38 PM
onewheeldave

Default wobble/cranks/coker

wobbling bear wrote:
*

While we are at fundamentals physics, I have a question he
IF the pedals of a uni where not fixed to the axle and transmitting
force thru
the cranks
but were fixed in a way more like those of an "impossible wheel"
(by a trick yet to be invented ... alongside a bar that goes from axle
to rim for instance -though I don't believe it would be a good idea-
)
what would be the effect on riding?

just curious

bear *

Do you mean an 'ultimate wheel'? i.e. pedals fixed directly to the
wheel, rather than an 'impossible wheel' which has no cranks at all.

If so, I've heard that of the two types of ultimate wheel, the one with
pedals fitted to a wooden wheel are easier to ride and more stable than
ones which are simply unicycles with the seat/frame removed.

I think this is because the first type have a narrower pedal to pedal
distance.

--
onewheeldave - Semi Skilled Unicyclist

"He's also been known to indulge in a spot of flame juggling - but it's
the Muni that really fires him up."

onewheeldave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/874