Old September 2nd 03, 07:06 PM
JJuggle

Default Where's you other wheel? - The flip side

brian.slater wrote:
*Of course, you do know that the proper term for members of the SCA is
Scadian, don't you? It'd be sort of like asking if they're on a KH24,
instead of if they're a clown--if you use this term they'll think
you're a Scadian, too*

I did not know this, but will keep it in mind for next time. When I was
at college I lived not far from the dorm where most of the weir...I mean
Scadians lived. Always a lively and interesting bunch. *Did you notice the slack rope act? He had a unicyle, I didn't see
him on it, though. *

I did not see the slack rope act. I'm not surprised that he had a
unicycle though. Seems that authenticity is not among the major thrusts
of these things. Generally speaking, Brian, where does authenticity fit
in as a priority with Scadians? Are there nasty debates on the matter? I
got the feeling that Britney Spears had taken over the movement based on
the rather ahistorical amount of flesh the women were exposing. (Not
that I was complaining, mind you.)

Ah yes, my point: Authenticity. I have heard of juggling acts being
quite surprised by the level of authenticity required by some events of
this type to the point that all props must be made of only materials
available at the time, e.g. wooden juggling clubs (ouch!). Connie
Leaverton in her article in 'Kaskade' (http://www.kaskade.de) about
busking festivals in Austria talks about having to dispense with her
unicycle, her main prop, at one.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

You tore a big hole in your convertible top.
What will you tell your mom and pop?
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24