Old September 2nd 03, 11:09 PM
johnfoss

Default Where's you other wheel? - The flip side

Based on my limited experience around SCA members, if you were to take a
large roomful of all nerds, from various disciplines, the SCA people
would stand out as the "nerds among nerds" in that group. That's just my
opinion. So if they don't have snappy comebacks, what kind of nerds
would they be?

brian.slater wrote:
*Did you notice the slack rope act? He had a unicyle, I didn't see
him on it, though. *

Is the NY Ren Faire still in Tuxedo? I've been to that, and one of my
old performing partners, Jim Gleich, performed there every year. He did
not use a unicycle, due to the obvious inaccuracy, but did allow himself
some plastic juggling clubs. I remember a guy there who had a unicycle
(shiny chrome Schwinn). I think Jim referred to him as "Noodlehead Ned."
Don't know if that's the same guy.

Why allow unicycles, plastic props, etc? I think part of it is to ensure
quality entertainment. The Ren Faire performers are paid, though I don't
think very much, and compromises are probably allowed in order for them
to do their best quality work. I think one could decorate a set of
plastic clubs to look like wood, though.

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003