Old September 3rd 03, 02:03 PM
GILD

Default Where's you other wheel? - The flip side

JJuggle wrote:
*Ah yes, my point: Authenticity. I have heard of juggling acts being
quite surprised by the level of authenticity required by some events
of this type to the point that all props must be made of only
materials available at the time, e.g. wooden juggling clubs (ouch!).
Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ *

ouch indeed

a·nach·ro·nism
(-nkr-nzm)
n.
The representation of someone as existing or something as happening in
other than chronological, proper, or historical order.
One that is out of its proper or chronological order, especially a
person or practice that belongs to an earlier time: "A new age had
plainly dawned, an age that made the institution of a segregated picnic
seem an anachronism" (Henry Louis Gates, Jr.).

au·then·tic
(ô-thntk)
adj.
Conforming to fact and therefore worthy of trust, reliance, or belief:
an authentic account by an eyewitness.
Having a claimed and verifiable origin or authorship; not counterfeit or
copied: an authentic medieval sword.

am i the only one wondering how the words 'anachronism' and 'authentic'
ended up in the same thread?
or being discussed by the same organisation?

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

The only difference between me and a madman is that i'm not mad.
Pablo Picasso

'this will only take a minute...(fixed)'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave