Old July 13th 03, 04:40 PM
Steven M. Scharf

Default Commuter Bicycle with fenders, chainguard, rack, etc., Any available in the U.S.?

Thanks, I'll try that. I e-mailed a shop in the UK that has on-line
ordering and says to inquire about shipping rates to the U.S.
Their response, "we don't ship to the U.S.." Probably they
meant that they don't ship complete bikes; not suprising since
most bike makers prohibit mail order sales.

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
"Steven M. Scharf" wrote:

It all seems a little insane to me to even be thinking of flying to

Europe
to buy a bicycle (though I've brought 3 folders home from Taiwan).

I would think that you can order one and have it shipped over. I would
think that the VAT would come off right upfront, and it could cover the
shipping. You can call the place I ordered mine from. It is H.T. Frensch.
Ring up 011-31-10-465-3223 and ask. Closed Sunday and Monday.

Don donwiss at panix.com.