Old July 15th 03, 03:26 PM
Elisa Francesca Roselli

Default Signalling - What About Handlebar Height?

Luigi de Guzman wrote:

Goodness, we might even see each other in Cambridge--I'll probably be up
reading at the UL for a bit. I'll roll Bekah (my much-maligned pink and
black MBK, the London bike) onto the train at KingsX. How's that for
multimodal transportation strategy...?

Hey cool, another Cantabridgian! I'm King's, History Tripos, BA 1978 MA 1982.
I'll certainly be visiting the UL, although this year I have no specific
research projects. My notion of an ideal summer hol is Cambridge for a writing
project with time in the UL and buying books. Also I like to cook for the person
I'm staying with. Sure, I'm a nerd - I know most people wouldn't consider that a
holiday at all, LOL!

As for multimodal, I was recently really pleased to notice that in Paris the
RER, the suburban milk-train, takes cycles in the first and last wagon of every
train - there's even a picture of a bicycle on them!

I always found the Backs to be a bit of an unnerving place to ride,
personally. I wasn't as confident back then, and Queens' Road was the only
place in Cambridge, it seems, that anybody was allowed to develop any real
speed, and so all the cars would gun it through that stretch

Actually I meant on that broad grassy sidewalk behind Tit Hall and Clare - I'd
be spooked by the actual road. Or perhaps Jesus Green then. It'll be on the way
between home and the Town Centre. I've always walked it previously and it seemed
to go on for miles and miles. I suppose it will look really short on a cycle!

Cheers,

Elisa Roselli
Paris, France