Old July 21st 03, 12:35 AM
Tanya Quinn

Default Prego's and bikes

sunkissed wrote in message ...
I am wanting start riding and was just wondering if this sport is really
safe for a pregnant gal (13 weeks). I am in fairly descent shape and am
25 yrs. I know I will look probably dumb and fall off the first few
weeks but after some practice I don't see a problem. My husband was in
to bicycle racing and has a nice Trek. I was considering getting it back
into shape and useing it. Would a mountain bike be better due to my
inconvient condition.

If you were already a cyclist then I would think that cycling into
pregnancy would be fine. I don't think now would be the best time to
learn, especially when you say you think you will "fall off the first
few weeks" - does not seem to be a good thing while pregnant. Talk to
your doctor first. Swimming would probably be better exercise to take
up while pregnant, and start cycling after the baby arrives.