Old March 6th 06, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default highways agency consultation

Martyn Bolt wrote:

The agency plans a bypass in South manchseter to alleviate traffic
jams, the concern has been that doing so will mean a constant stream
of vehicles past 2 difficult junctions at the base of Holme Moss and
the Glossop road.

As if things weren't bad enough already on the A628 around Crowden.
Every time I've travelled that way, something seems to have knocked a
huge chunk out of a roadside wall - apparently in a different place
each time! Having ridden this bit of road a few years ago, I actually
found it more unpleasant - due to the twisting nature, the volume of
traffic, and the presence of a good few articulated lorries - than all
the suffering on the ascent of Holme Moss put together.

David Belcher