Old November 17th 18, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Chain wear and cassette question

On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 11:21:25 AM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/17/2018 10:05 AM, AMuzi wrote:

Real men prefer handlebar cages:

https://roma.corriere.it/methode_ima...e-Web-Roma.JPG

I don't understand why those went away. Assuming you're not using a
handlebar bag, seems they'd be way more convenient than the downtube cages.

--
- Frank Krygowski

I have a handlebar mounted cage on a couple of my road bikes. I even have a bottle that'll take a straw. that way I don't even have to remove the bottle from the cage to drink from it.

Btw, my MTB off-road touring bike also has a handlebar mounted bottle cage and I've yet to have a bottle launch itself from it on very rough terrain.

Cheers