Old November 17th 18, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Chain wear and cassette question

On Saturday, November 17, 2018 at 8:21:25 AM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 11/17/2018 10:05 AM, AMuzi wrote:

Real men prefer handlebar cages:

https://roma.corriere.it/methode_ima...e-Web-Roma.JPG

I don't understand why those went away. Assuming you're not using a
handlebar bag, seems they'd be way more convenient than the downtube cages.

--
- Frank Krygowski

That is real estate now used for Garmins, Stages, etc. -- and for me, lights. I had a bar-mount bottle cage when I was a kid and don't remember anything about it or whether it had any affect on front-end feel. I think it would be weird having a bottle of water sloshing on the bar while I was climbing out of the saddle, but I don't know. The ancients apparently liked them.. The MTBers have trended to hydration packs. I don't want one, but they are the last word in convenience.

-- Jay Beattie.