View Single Post
Old January 8th 20, 08:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Really, really dumb

I was thinking that this group would have dumb postings upon occasions but after going out and looking that the other bike forums I won't say that again. Even John looks like a genius next to most of these people.

One guy had a Maddux wheelset and he thought that the freewheel had given up the ghost. So he bought a new freewheel assembly. These are fully enclosed and fit into splines in the wheel. Apparently he never even bothered to look at the splines and shortly afterwards the freewheel failed again. Finally he looked in and saw that the aluminum splines had stripped out of these 10 year old wheels. Instead of buying a new wheelset he epoxied the freewheel assembly into the wheel. One can only imagine the mechanical IQ of people of this sort.

On other sites people will ask questions and no one will answer him and the "regulars" will criticize him for not knowing the answer - but pretty clearly neither do they.

I suppose this is why most of their strings are over 10 years old and no new contributors.

So if I have offended you at sometime of another forgive me because this group at least CAN address problems if they've a mind to.

Not that I'm not going to laugh at Jay because Portland is advertising themselves as a tourist destination on bay area TV. I figure we can pay the bus fare for a load or five of homeless to go there and feel right at home.
Ads

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home