Old March 2nd 09, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Gringioni

Default STOP THE FEAR MONGERING

On Mar 2, 11:00*am, Bill C wrote:
On Mar 2, 1:03*pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

The Dow opened at under 7000 today. The high was over 14,000.

Nothing the matter with the economy. Nothing at all.

STOP THE FEAR MONGERING!

Yep, guess if the government doesn't hand over trillions in pork
tomorrow to all the folks who got us into this, with little to no
oversight then we'll instantly, overnight become Etheopia which is
pretty much the line coming out of the WH on all this.
*Sorry, don't buy it. My guess is more measured, controlled,
thoughtful, action doesn't mean that the lucky ones will at least have
dog carts to drive next week if we go that route.
*This is the same as the AlQaeda and the Islamic Fundamentalists are
going to wipe out America as we know it and take over here if we don't
just sign a blank check for the Patriot Act and all the rest of the
**** that got passed in that panic.
*When they are insisting that Congressmen have to vote to pass this
without even giving them the time to read the thousands of pages,
"trust us", then that's beyond ****ed up, but hey if it works for you
folks.

Dumbass -

From:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...gGBH8rr4Y&refe....

snip

Buffett endorsed efforts by the U.S. to prevent the failure of
financial firms including Bear Stearns Cos., which was sold to
JPMorgan Chase & Co. The U.S. is being called to commit more capital
to ailing financial companies after the $250 billion in aid it
originally allocated last year failed to staunch losses on soured
loans at regional lenders and the biggest banks.

Avoiding Cataclysm

“Whatever the downsides may be, strong and immediate action by
government was essential last year if the financial system was to
avoid a total breakdown,” Buffett said. “Had that occurred, the
consequences for every area of our economy would have been
cataclysmic. Like it or not, the inhabitants of Wall Street, Main
Street and the various Side Streets of America were all in the same
boat.”

snipend

thanks,

K. Gringioni.