Old July 29th 03, 02:17 PM
Joao de Souza

Default DF with Single Speeds hope bents don't go that way

Mike wrote:

So are these people reverting back to early childhood or what ?

They are lighter, have very efficient drivetrains, and you never need to
worry about what gear you're in. This trend started with the mountain
bike folks who wanted to shed weight off their bikes, and also got tired
of dealing with a lot of drivetrain problems that can be caused by
derailers ridden off-road. But little by little, some road riders are
becoming converts as well, attracted by the simple, light and efficient
design. I have tried a few, and I think they are great. I think the
argument goes back to what I tell a lot of people who put down
recumbents - you shouldn't discredit it until you try it out for yourself.

Joao "seriously considering single-speeding my GRR, but only because I
can't fix-gear it" de Souza