Old July 29th 03, 02:50 PM
Dave Larrington

Default DF with Single Speeds hope bents don't go that way

Mike wrote:

Have you seen a small group of DF riders who are riding single speed
bikes and the parts industry that has popped up to support this.

Round here they never really went away. but then we BRITONS are sometimes
renowned for eccentricity. See, for example, the Tricycle Association and
the Cocoa Tin Ten.

Of the group of twelve or so riders I was in for the first forty-odd miles
of the Dunwich Dynamo the other week, there were three or four single-speed
bikes, at least one of which was equipped with a freewheel. Single-speeds -
fixed and freewheel - are quite popular with the couriers in London too,
given that the centre is pretty flat.

You won't catch me on one any time soon, though, because I don't have a big
enough Shed to store a single-speed as well as the other bikes.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/