Old January 25th 09, 02:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Cyclist hits granny in pavement crash in Brighton

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:05:43 -0000, "Clive George"
wrote:

"Tony Dragon" wrote in message

In my experience, they aren't.
But I would imagine that most motorist caused injuries are reported,
probably not the same for cycle collisions. (My daughters injuries were
not reported)

Why not? If you want the authorities to do something about this, you need
them to have the evidence that it is a problem.

Complaining on here isn't going to do anything - go to the police and get
the injury recorded.

What did you do about the person who caused the injury?

Do you agree that it is very likely that most accidents between
pedestrians and cyclists are not reported?

Excellent idea.

Perhaps you are right - there should be a campaign for all people
injured by a cyclist to report the matter to the police - lets go for
it - it will probably lead to many more prosecutions for riding on the
footpath.