Old January 25th 09, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Cyclist hits granny in pavement crash in Brighton

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 13:38:28 +0000, Phil W Lee
phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk wrote:

Tony Dragon considered Sun, 25 Jan 2009
08:51:52 +0000 the perfect time to write:

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 23:34:53 +0000, Tony Dragon
said in
:

can you explain why none of my family have never had a near miss with
a car on the footway, but have had many with cyclists?

Can you explain why pedestrians are far more likely to be injured by
motorists than cyclists ?

Here is a word you missed *footway*

Can you explain why pedestrians are far more likely to be injured on
the footway by motorists than cyclists ?

Guy

In my experience, they aren't.
But I would imagine that most motorist caused injuries are reported,
probably not the same for cycle collisions. (My daughters injuries were
not reported)

Did you lie to the hospital about the cause then?
Because if you didn't, they will have made it into the stats.

Not in to the stats which the ****wit Chapman is referring to.

The stats which he is relying on for his lies are those collected
via the police.

Of course - as has been demonstrated - the vast majority of accidents
involving people on bikes and pedestrians are unlikely to be included
in the stats.

Whereas nearly all incidents involving a motor vehicle and a
pedestrian will be reported to the police.

There - wasn't too difficult was it?

--

If you find 2 abreast cyclists more obstructive than single file ones,
you must have been intending to pass dangerously close anyway.