Old June 12th 08, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Old Street roundabout accident. "Life-changing injury".

On 12 Jun, 12:03, spindrift wrote:
A truly chilling euphemism:

What? Accident?

Grim news. That roundabout and Aldgate are both junctions of death.

While extending every sympathy to the gentleman in question, I have
never really understood the fashion for regarding certain road layouts
as a menace in and of themselves.

I use both the Old St roundabout and the Aldgate gyratory (and the
Elephant, and the New Cross gyratory, and the Bricklayers Arms,
and Hyde Park Corner, and Marble Arch, and the Euston Road)
on a regular basis, and as a confident (and fairly fast) cyclist I've
never had any trouble on them.

I can see why someone less assertive would find them difficult
(and dreaded the Elephant when I first started cycling in London)
but this, surely, is a matter of skills and confidence.

John