Old January 24th 09, 09:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

Default Cyclist hits granny in pavement crash in Brighton

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:31:23 +0000, Tony Dragon
said in
:

Allthough you will call this anecdotal, I have not had to dodge out of
the way of motorist driving on the pavement for as long as I can remember.
But I often have to dodge a pavement cyclist & just before Christmas my
daughter was knocked over by a pavement cyclist.

And as the figures show, you are many times more likely to be killed
or injured on the footway by a motor vehicle than by a cyclist. So
yes, your anecdote indicates another outlier. Or perhaps people are
so obsessed by pavement cycling that they go out of their way to
remember it.

At the public policy level it is ignorable.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt