Old January 24th 09, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

Default Cyclist hits granny in pavement crash in Brighton

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:31:23 +0000, Tony Dragon
said in
:

Allthough you will call this anecdotal, I have not had to dodge out of
the way of motorist driving on the pavement for as long as I can remember.
But I often have to dodge a pavement cyclist & just before Christmas my
daughter was knocked over by a pavement cyclist.

And as the figures show, you are many times more likely to be killed
or injured on the footway by a motor vehicle than by a cyclist.

What figures? I hope you are not "jumping to conclusions" from the
pedestrian casualty figures by collision location in RCGB 2007 (table
32), which does NOT distinguish between "footway" and "verge".

--
Matt B