Old January 18th 05, 07:03 PM
Paul - xxx

Pete Bentley composed the following;:
From http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/l...icles/15987898

"A pavement cyclist has become the first person in London to receive
an on-the-spot fine for anti-social behaviour [...]"

Someone had to be ..

Whilst I'm all in favour of clamping down on pavement cyclists, a 30
quid fine seems a bit harsh for a first offence. I would have
thought a period of issuing verbal warnings first would be more
appropriate.

Why? You don't appear to want leniency for other road users, so why
should cyclists get away with breaking a law, even though other road
users do?

Two wrongs don't make it right.

As for the quote from Plod that "Cycling on pavements is the thing
most people worry about in this area"

I believe it's been well-publicised in the areas that the no tolerance
policy is operating ..

--
Paul ...
http://www.4x4prejudice.org/index.php