Old September 9th 05, 09:43 AM
Adrian Boliston

Default Pavement cyclist

"Colin Blackburn" wrote:

As I walked into work today I walked behind a pavement cyclist. I'd
seen him coming up the hill, and it was a fairly steep hill for the
bike he was on. He still made fast enough progress that he didn't
inconvenience me at all despite a few wobbles.

He was, of course, only 5 years old and on his way to school. His mum
was walking behind him and she occasionally put a re-assuring (for
her!) hand on his back when he wobbled. His bike had one gear and
plastic platform pedals---it was raining fairly heavily---yet he went
up that hill faster than many of the adult cyclists I see. His feet
only came of the pedals once and that was when he hit the flat bit
after the hill. His mum then had to run to keep tabs on him he was
going that fast.

I wonder if they do child size polka dot jerseys?