Old August 10th 03, 02:51 PM
Stephen Harding

Default I Love Harley Davidson!

Mark Hickey wrote:

"Jeff" wrote:

HD produces an excellent product. If you doubt it, buy a Harley today and
sell it 5 years from now for as much as you paid for it (try doing that with
your run of the mill car). In 10 years, you'll probably be able to sell it
for more than you paid for it.

That has been the case, but I suspect that at some point in the not
too distant future the HD will no longer be the yuppy toy of choice,
and the value of a used V-twin will drop like a rock.

THAT will be the time to buy one (if you were ever so inclined). I've
owned a lot of other bikes, and now ride what I've always wanted - a
BMW K100RS. Wouldn't trade it for a V-twin anything - at least not if
I couldn't sell the V-twin and buy another BMW K-bike.

The appeal of the Harley isn't its technological wonders. Not especially
wondrous at all.

It's the mystique! There's a reason why every Hog sent for sale in Japan
is sold when it arrives. It ain't because it's a better bike than what
the Japanese produce!

SMH