Old October 29th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc
Ewoud Dronkert

Default My Impressions of the Sanya City Circuit Race [long]

Marian schreef:
As someone who lives in Sanya and who truly enjoys cycling as a sport

If you really do races because they're fun and to improve yourself, and
30.2 kph for 60 km was the fastest you ever went for the distance, and
you did not win, why did you get knickers in a twist over some prize
money and a 2nd place (loser's) trophy?!

BTW, I checked the ultra comprehensive "100 Years of road cyclists -
Dutch professional riders and their results" and no mention of a Jan
Kole, or Koole, Coole, Koelen or similar. Did he never leave the amateur
ranks despite his Giro and Vuelta exploits?

I did stumble upon the impressive palmares of Richard (Dick) Bukacki,
born 1946, professional 1968-1982, 4 full pages of results, 1 win each
for the 1st 2 years, several wins every year after that. A real sharp
shooter.

--
E. Dronkert