Old October 29th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.misc

Default My Impressions of the Sanya City Circuit Race [long]

On Oct 29, 11:07 am, Ewoud Dronkert
wrote:

If you really do races because they're fun and to improve yourself, and
30.2 kph for 60 km was the fastest you ever went for the distance, and
you did not win, why did you get knickers in a twist over some prize
money and a 2nd place (loser's) trophy?!

Just cuz people do things for fun doesn't mean they don't take it
seriously. This is particularly true if you work in a particular field
and you see other people doing a ****ty job and not making good on
promises. It's irksome. You worry that others will think the entire
field behaves that way.

I did stumble upon the impressive palmares of Richard (Dick) Bukacki,
born 1946, professional 1968-1982, 4 full pages of results, 1 win each
for the 1st 2 years, several wins every year after that. A real sharp
shooter.

I remember that guy. I think Ronde Champ used to talk about him.