Old August 11th 08, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

Default helmets and rotational acceleration

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Martin wrote:

To me the second one seems to say, that linear impacts forces were
not affected by the helmet rotating. They also investigated
rotational forces, but do not have the results in the abstract.

The first one says that extra rotational forces were negligible
when the rider hits the ground at 4m/s (about 9mph).

So, for a collision where you probably won't have life-changing injury
when bare-headed, and for which you probably won't have life-changing
injury in a pure normal impact, you're almost as likely not to have
life-changing injury if it's an oblique impact?

Maybe that's unfair, I'd still like to read the papers.

regards, Ian Smith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|