Old December 2nd 08, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport
Mortimer

Default Police pick on cyclist

"Clive George" wrote in message
et...
"Mortimer" wrote in message
et...
"Clive George" wrote in message
et...
However having a flashing front lamp isn't necessarily a great idea, for
reasons which have been discussed in great length on this NG. If you're
interested, check the archives.

That would take a long time without any dates or thread titles.

Without any search engine, yes it would. Fortunately I believe there are
companies out there who provide such things, and without the requirement
to shell out cash either.

Right, Google Groups returns threads such as

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....uk.rec.cycling

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec...uk.rec.cycling

which say that a flashing light *on its own* is useless but in combination
with a steady filiament or LED light is good for attracting attention.
However one person says that he finds it harder to judge how far away a
flashing light is than a steady one. Maybe that is the point you are
making - but you haven't given me a lot to go on.

It would have been so much easier if you had supplied a self-contained
posting which contained all the information that you were referring to,
rather than saying "It's a bad idea - now go looking and see if you can find
any evidence to back up and explain my statement".