Old November 16th 18, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Practice what you preach?

On 15/11/2018 09:52, Peter Keller wrote:
On 11/14/18 11:07 PM, True Blue wrote:

Hmmm...try this:- https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...284529 597371

Thanks. That works.
Personally when coming up behind a horse I slow down and ring the bell
well in advance, and try to give the horse a wide berth. It is safer
also for me to pass outside kicking range. And the horse has plenty of
notice that I am there because of the bell, even if the rider did not
hear it.

I am not sure what the reaction to a bell would be. Voice might be more
recognisable to the horse? Anyway, I usually ask the horsist whether it
is ok to go past.