Old October 30th 04, 04:58 AM
Tom Keats

In article ,
(Karen M.) writes:
Tom wrote:

I think there could be a lucrative niche market in
affordable, functional cycle-commuter wear & accessories.

OK, I dropped by a fabric store. Picked up three remnants of polar
fleece (about $8 out the door). Experimented with the neon hunter
don't shoot me orange piece.
This morning I cut a rectangle about twice the size of the helmet
strap triangle. Cut along the diagonal to make two of them. Cut a
horizontal slit for the strap. Ta-dah!! (No s-w-ng at all)

ASCII art (NTS)

__________
|\ | cut along diagonal to make 2 triangles
| \ |
| \ |
| \ |
| \ |
| \ |
| \ |
|_______\|

____________
\ /
\ /
\ /
\----/ slit (about 1/2" in from edges)
\ /
\/

The remnant is large enough to make a set for everyone reading this
thread.

I'll post a photo or two once I get it refined, and sluggards can
send me $10 for a set.

--Karen M.

Beauty!

Now, if you could stick iPod/portable CD player ear
buds in them, I bet David Reutler et al would be
thrilled. And maybe some reflective stuff, or
bawdily humourous little depictions on the outsides.
Maybe (with appropriate permission), rock band logos
like the Rolling Stones tongue-&-lips, or Blue Oyster
Cult, & stuff like that.

You could make a mint!

cheers,
Tom