Old August 9th 03, 01:28 PM
Luigi de Guzman

Default Disappointing (was Recommended high-volume floor-type bicycle pumps?)

(Jon Noring) wrote in message . com...
Everyone,

When I started this thread asking about floor-type bicycle pumps, I
was hoping to get good consumer-related information so I know what's
out there, and which floor-type air pumps are rated the best by actual
comparison with one another (the only way to know the better ones from
the worse ones is by actual comparison between them!)

If you came to usenet looking for scientific product-testing
methodology, then you were very, very mistaken. Deja used to plug
usenet as 'real reviews from real consumers' and while I've found real
consumers, reviews--as you'd find in the press--are a miniscule
component of usenet traffic.

You're going to get user reports; what comparisons you do get will be
from users who used both.

Asking a question and expecting *exactly* the information you're
looking for on usenet is a hopeless task. you *will* however get a
lot of interesting information, often tangential to your original
query, that may or may not come in handy later. That's what happens
when you ask strangers for their opinions, based on experience.

-Luigi
ask a silly question
get amusing answers