Old August 7th 03, 05:53 PM
Tom Keats

Default Recommended high-volume floor-type bicycle pumps?

In article ,
(Jon Noring) writes:
Our trusty floor bicycle pump is falling apart after many years of use,
mostly for maintaining automobile tire pressure.

So, I'm looking to replace it with a *high-volumetric-capacity*
floor-type hand bicycle pump.

What brands/models are recommended based on durability/reliability,
volumetric capacity, accuracy of built-in pressure gauge, etc.?

[Note that I am NOT interested in a portable car battery powered pump,
which don't work much better than high-capacity floor-type hand pumps
anyway. If I ever need the higher capacity (and so far have not needed
it), I'd get a refillable air canister (the 6 gallon, 100 psi type).]

So, what do you recommend?

I'm quite happy with one of these Beto floor pumps:
http://205.150.178.33/Products/produ...3Eprd_id=17421

It cost somewhat less than CDN $30, at Mountain Equipment Co-op.

The built-in gauge compares pretty closely to my hand-held gauge.

cheers,
Tom