Old August 7th 03, 07:55 PM
Rick Onanian

Default Recommended high-volume floor-type bicycle pumps?

On 7 Aug 2003 08:52:43 -0700, Jon Noring wrote:
So, I'm looking to replace it with a *high-volumetric-capacity*
floor-type hand bicycle pump.

What brands/models are recommended based on durability/reliability,
volumetric capacity, accuracy of built-in pressure gauge, etc.?

I went to my LBS with this sort of idea, and came back
with a Blackburn TP-2. I wasn't too confident, but figured
I'd give it a chance.

It has suprised me; I can pump up my MTB tires very quickly,
which I wasn't expecting. My main purpose was to pump up my
road tires to 125psi quickly and without a lot of fuss; and
it does that well too.

The jury's still out on durability. I constantly fear that
the shaft will break halfway between the handle and the body.
But, it was inexpensive, too.

Thanks.

Jon Noring

--