Old August 7th 03, 10:28 PM
Doug Milliken

Default Recommended high-volume floor-type bicycle pumps?

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, K.B.Rook wrote:

Jon Noring wrote:

Our trusty floor bicycle pump is falling apart after many years of use,
mostly for maintaining automobile tire pressure.

So, I'm looking to replace it with a *high-volumetric-capacity*
floor-type hand bicycle pump.

High Volume? There is only one . . . . . Zefal
Double Shot

My Zefal Double Shot (concentric pistons) is still working fine, sorry to
read in another post that it is not available any more?? As well as cycle
tires (good for over 200 psi), it's a nice quiet way to add a few psi to my
car tires if I don't feel like listening to the noise of the _very_loud_
Sears compressor.

Before that I wore out a Zefal Plus (lasted 10 years or so), which was also
a double acting (works when both pushing and pulling) pump that had the two
cylinders side-by-side. Only problem with the Plus was the check valve at
the bottom, I repaired the spring (with a spring cut from a retractable
ball point pen) several times before retiring the pump, I think it ingested
dirt and other stuff because the inlet was so close to the floor.

-- Doug Milliken