Old February 27th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
N8N

Default Saw an intelligent bicyclist today

On Feb 27, 3:25*pm, Larry Farrell wrote:
N8N wrote:

[snip]

Why? *If I hit another car because the driver did something illegal,
or hit a cyclist because he did something illegal, I still hit
something. *I'm still inconvenienced, and I still have to deal with a
lot of BS. *Since my observations are that 100% of cyclists flagrantly
violate the rules of the road, that seems like a real problem to me.

[snip]

100% of cyclists blatantly ignore stop signs.

Both of your 100%s are 100% BS.

Feel free to ride with me someday and prove me wrong. You won't.
You'll be shocked at what you see. I stand by my statement. 100% of
cyclists that I encounter flagrantly violate the rules of the road.
Most common infraction is blowing through stop signs at speed. It
sounds incredible, but it is true - ALL cyclists that I encounter ride
like they want to be hit. There's a fair number of cyclists around
where I live, too - my commute to/from work takes me across a bike
trail, so there's a lot of cyclists that I assume are getting on/off
the bike trail and riding on the same roads on which I'm driving.

nate