Old February 27th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,rec.bicycles.misc
Brent P

Default Saw an intelligent bicyclist today

In article , wrote:
For example, regarding stop signs: I live across the street from
one. Fewer than half the drivers bother to stop. The majority roll
right through. The potential harm from a motorist doing that is
hundreds of times worse than that from a cyclist.

Is it one of those stop signs you had put up to slow people down? If so,
that's the reason people don't respect it. It is a well known fact that
misused stop signs for the purpose of speed control are not well
respected and often cause drivers to go faster. It is the consquence of
'feels good' traffic 'engineering'.

That said we've been over this before and you didn't believe it then and
I doubt you do now.