Old June 7th 13, 11:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_3_]

Default Is Mike Vandeman finally dead?

On Thu, 6 Jun 2013 23:04:53 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

A great deal snipped

Nope ... mountain biking has to go! Hikers hate mountain bikers

on their trails. Most are too gentlemanly (something mountain bikers
never are) to speak out. Mr. Vandeman has far more support among the
hiking community than you can imagine. The fight to save our trails is
far from over.

I see, I think. You are saying that hikers own the trails, or at least
you imply that when you refer to trails as "their trails".

Now I don't know what y'all have out there in California but back east
the trails are part of either national or state forests and are
"owned" by the citizenry. In fact I worked two summers for the Forest
Service when I was in High school and I know damned well that my pay
check wasn't signed by a pack of hikers.

So, if the trails in California are also part of either national or
state parks or forests then, quite simply, you either don't know what
you are talking about when you rant and rave about bikers being on
"their trails", or you are deliberately lying about the situation.

Of course, if the trails are on private property than it is quite a
different proposition and the owners of the property can, of course,
refer to the trails as "their's".

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great