Old May 14th 20, 01:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
N8N[_2_]

Default Trek video about sales during Covid-19

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 10:53:24 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:
On 5/13/2020 1:53 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 1:12:31 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/13/2020 2:57 PM, wrote:
https://finance.yahoo.com/video/coro...182003419.html

Not sure anyone else has posted this video. It is Trek CEO talking about their business during the Covid-19 crisis.

Some bike stores experiencing a nearly 1000% jump in sales? Huge
increases across the industry?

It may be that COVID-19 is really a bike industry conspiracy! Follow the
money! ;-)

My son is inundated with work at Specialized -- most of it eBike related. Supply chain issues seem to be under control. Sales are up. I don't know if there are any workforce issues with repair/shipping/receiving/warehouse -- which are not things you can do from home. One wonders how much of this will continue after the pandemic is over.

Was it was a conspiracy between Charmin, Chlorox, Trek, Specialized, and
Lysol?

Doubt it. I can only purchase Trek and Specialized products. the others are missing a huge opportunity to cash in.