Old August 12th 20, 04:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Clipless pedals no more efficient than flat?

I can get yards farther up a hill when I'm wearing cleats.

But if those aren't enough yards to get me to the top, I have to sit
down and change shoes.

Now with the lack of exercise occasioned by surgery and a lack of
places where it's safe for a seventy-nine-year-old to go, I just
assume that I'm going to walk all hills right from the bottom, and
wear my in-the-city shoes everywhere.

Maybe next summer -- I was doing quite well in January and February,
considering that it was January and February. (And the winter before
that, and the winter before that -- but this year it took something
really big *and* a personal swat to wreck my training.)

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net