Old November 9th 07, 05:31 PM posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Anyone ride through the 1st Ave tunnel by the UN?

"Prisoner at War" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Nov 9, 9:05 am, dgk wrote:

Really, that's pretty funny. I guess we're really not supposed to stop
for lights.

People are just like George Bush: grasp at any straw for an excuse.
I'm not surprised even cops proffered such idiocy: I've had motorists
tell me I'm supposed to be on the sidewalk and pedestrians tell me I'm
supposed to be on the street!

**** that. I'm a bicyclist; I go where I want.

If you are riding in the lanes with motor vehicles in NYC it is just a
matter of time until you are hit. Ride in the street yes, but stay out of
the way of motor vehicles. In other words, get as far to the right as you
can, even if it means you are right next to the curb. Elementary, my dear
Watson!

On the other hand, if you are Bush hater like all the rest of the loony
left, then the sooner you are hit, the better. It will mean one less idiot
in the world.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka