Old November 20th 11, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weaseltemper[_2_]

Default They are whingeing about petrol prices again!

On 20/11/2011 10:27, Mrcheerful wrote:
Doug wrote:
On 18-Nov-2011, Simon wrote:

On 18/11/2011 14:48, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 17, 7:33 am, Simon
wrote:
On 17/11/2011 04:05, Simon Mason wrote:

On Nov 16, 11:46 pm, wrote:
On Nov 16, 6:53 pm, wrote:

Doug wrote:
Fortunately this hardly affects cyclists at all.

so why are you mentioning it here?

"just about everybody on this group have said they own a car."

I am not moaning about high petrol prices as
a) I work for an oil company.
b) I get a staff discount c) I hardly ever drive anyway.

Win win win.

Higher prices, less traffic!

--
Simon
For personal replies, please use my reply-to address.- Hide quoted

My fuel bills are going through the roof due to me driving Mrs M out
to all of these hills.
I've just put another 70 quids worth in. :-(

It does not go far, I spend approx £80 a month on diesel. Still I'd
rather pay £160 per month and see less traffic on the roads.

Of course that is the undoubted benefit of higher fuel prices so the
higher the better. Lets get all those frivolous drivers off our roads
so that serious road users can benefit. I bet the resulting lack of
congestion would save on fuel costs in the end.

Doug.

and who do you think pays for your state benefit handouts?

The Daily Wail Reader.