Old July 8th 19, 02:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

On Sunday, July 7, 2019 at 7:29:25 PM UTC-4, Chalo wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
I have several friends who are cops or ex-cops. Each of them is dedicated to
doing well at a very difficult job - a job I'd never, ever want to tackle.

Yeah... **** those guys. Bad cops drove away good cops a long time ago. What's left is either criminals under color of authority, or those who'll acquiesce to/support the criminals.

Not where I live.

Here's a "good cop" story, from a couple decades ago. When I was teaching, I
often did my grading of big projects very late at night. So one night, I was
in my study overlooking our driveway at about 2 AM, working away.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. I was startled, of course. I went to the
door and saw a policewoman on the porch, and her patrolman partner standing
behind her on the drive about ten feet back, apparently to cover her if there
had been a problem.

I said "Can I help you??" She said "Is everything OK in there?" I said yes, and
asked why.

She said "We've noticed that when you're working late, the living room lights
are usually off. But they're on tonight. We just wanted to make sure."

I think that was good work. I have no problem with these cops. They wave to me
when I ride past, they've helped me on volunteer projects. They're good people.

Sorry if it's different down there.

- Frank Krygowski