Old July 8th 19, 02:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 12:29:25 AM UTC+1, Chalo wrote:
Frank Krygowski wrote:
I have several friends who are cops or ex-cops. Each of them is dedicated to
doing well at a very difficult job - a job I'd never, ever want to tackle.

Much as I hate to agree with Franki-boy... when he rarely gets something right, he is entitled to agreement.

Yeah... **** those guys. Bad cops drove away good cops a long time ago. What's left is either criminals under color of authority, or those who'll acquiesce to/support the criminals.

The police here are friendly and courteous and very helpful. I think it has to do with the fact they are unarmed and with the absence of guns in the hands of the public (the vast majority of crims don't have guns either). The police don't expect violence. I've noticed the same thing in that handful of *very* civilised countries in the world where the police are unarmed.

Contrast a cop in Virginia who stopped me for an speeding offence -- which was binned in the DA's office anyway because I was on a diplomatic passport -- with an unholstered weapon.

Andre Jute
Fair to a fault