Old June 25th 06, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default My groin hurts!

in message , gareth
price ') wrote:

I've started back after a long break from cycling and am now going into
work on the bike but boy does my groin hurt I've got a lightweight
saddle(Selle italia) and wear cycling shorts(carrati) as well I'm think
of swopping the saddle over for something a bit more comfortable but
still reasonably lightweight and getting some new high quality short
and I'd like some recommendations...

You have my sympathy. I recently bought a pair of bib-shorts which were
slightly too small in the bib part, and the result was excruciating...

Saddles are a very personal thing indeed. Generally the firmer the better
but they have to fit, and different people have different shaped
pelvises. I find the most comfortable saddles for me are Brooks
Professionals, but they're very heavy and Selle Italia SLRs are
adequately comfortable and a lot lighter.

Quality matters, of course, but fit is crucial. And after that, miles are
crucial - get the miles in and your but will harden up.

Due to financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel
has been switched off.