Old November 24th 09, 03:00 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech

Default our Chistian sedentary ways

Hey, Jack, the roads are a jungle!

(The name Jack could represent anyone, particularly a Christian who
goes to church in his SUV)

The Urban Road Is A Dangerous Place

A feisty octogenarian is unrepentantly jaywalking in front of my car.
He’s got a walker, and he’s hacking away with it, as if clearing a
path through the undergrowth with a machete.

I pull to the stop and watch as he progresses toward the opposite
curb. I confess to an admiration of his guts and his energy. I think
about our society’s sedentary ways and hold this man up as an example:
We just don’t have an excuse to sit on our duffs when Jack (as I
imagine he is called) is out here, braving the urban jungle!

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...20579902&ps=rs