Old November 5th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

Default My only hope...

Paul Hobson wrote:
Paul Hobson wrote:
...is that the children who were riding with their dad (when they
saw him hit me, get out to move my bike out of his way as I lay on
the ground, and then drive off) don't grow up thinking that what he
did is acceptable behavior.

Bill Sornson wrote:
Any witnesses? Police report? Description of vehicle and driver
even if no license plate number?

Witnesses? About 20. I got up off of the ground and read his license
out loud to him before all the other folks grabbed me and made me get
back on the ground. A man in a car across the street actually
*filmed* his car as he drove off (talk about lucky for me). When the
police arrived they ran the tag and it matched all of the witness
descriptions. They say that they're looking for him. I don't
really know what that means though.

Well, he really should be in jail by tonight. He'll probably cop to "I
panicked and just took off" and MAYBE get probation (with a suspended or
revoked license hopefully), but at the very least he should pay for your
surgery, pain and suffering, and a brand-new bike.

How about forcing him to speak at schools about safe riding around bad
drivers (he being a prime example)?!?

I'm fine btw. My Bianchi frame is toast, but everything on it is
fine. I'll be riding the train for a few months though as it looks
like my left wrist may need surgery.

Totally sucks; sorry you got hit (and glad it wasn't worse)...

Thanks, Bill. I'm thankful for that and also glad that the witnesses
saw that I was going through a perfectly green light and he (going the
opposite direction) failed to yield to me. I had ridden only one mile
before this happened.

Hope you recover fully, Paul. Good luck.

BS (no, really )