Old June 22nd 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wheel Rider

Default Learning To Ride at Age 50

hectorqlucero wrote:
...I can't thank you enough for your help. Believe it or not, your
words were the ones that gave me confidence to continue with something
I really like, which is riding a unicycle long distance. I almost gave
up.... Thanks!!!!

I am humbled by your response and happy I was of assistance.

Learning to ride unicycles has been a life changing event for me. I
would rather be out riding than sitting around watching television or
spending vast amounts of time on my computer. I spend most of my riding
time on my 29er and off-road on my 26" MUni. I ride almost every day,
limited only by such things as the weather and yard work (and the
number of pants that I am wearing out. I threw away another pair of
shorts yesterday because I had worn a hole on the inside of the
thigh).

Good luck on your 36". Your goals are absolutely greater than mine. I
am happy to plod around for 6 to 8 miles in the evenings before it gets
dark.

Hang in there!!

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
http://www.usenet.com